HEALTH & SAFETY
Updated April 20, 2022
The TCM Classic Film Festival is committed to the health and safety of our attendees and staff.
We have developed the following protocols to help mitigate the risks associated with COVID-19 for attendees of the 2022 TCM Classic Film Festival. TCM will continue to monitor the public health situation as it evolves and reserves the right to further refine these protocols at a future date.
This policy is subject to change. It is possible that additional requirements, such as testing, may be required to attend certain events, or, that the requirements below may change to reflect current guidelines.
The following will be required to attend the TCM Classic Film Festival:
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. This is defined as 1 shot of Johnson & Johnson or 2 shots of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccinations. If you have received an alternative vaccination (outside the United States), then you must have completed the main sequence. Your most recent dose must be dated at least 14 days prior to attendance at the Festival. However, a booster shot is not required to be considered fully vaccinated.
- Proof of full vaccination will be matched with your government-issued photo ID and can be shown via physical vaccination card, a photo of your card (both sides), documentation of vaccination from a licensed health care professional or a personal digital COVID-19 vaccine record issued by a state, local or foreign government, or a private company. Your last vaccine must be dated at least 14 days prior to attendance at the Festival.
- We strongly recommend that all attendees receive booster shots, if eligible.
- A single Festival wristband that is issued after the presentation of proof of vaccination at one of the COVID Compliance Stations located at the main Festival venues. This wristband must be worn at all times while attending the Festival. One wristband will be issued for the entire weekend. If your wristband is damaged or lost, you must obtain a new wristband before attending any Festival event. Please see the Wristbands section below for more details.
- Masks are mandatory at all indoor events when not eating or drinking in your seat. We encourage attendees to wear medical grade or KN95/N95 masks. Masks must be worn properly over both the nose and mouth.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending the TCMCFF you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Please stay home if you’re feeling sick, have any symptoms, or think you may have been exposed.
It is our goal to conduct a safe, festive and congenial event. TCM reserves the right to remove any attendee, without refund, who engages in abusive, harassing, discriminatory, or threatening statements or behavior towards Festival attendees, staff or guests.
Passholders who are unable to meet these mandatory requirements should reach out to our Box Office by email at email@example.com prior to attending the Festival as soon as possible and no later than Friday, April 15, 2022.
Every attendee (including those seeking individual event tickets) must confirm their vaccination status and be issued a wristband at a COVID Compliance Station before attending any Festival event. These wristbands verify attendees have been cleared for entry for Festival events for the duration of Festival. Attendees will not be allowed entry to any Festival event, even if they have the proper pass/credentials, unless they are wearing the designated wristband. Guests must present a government-issued photo ID, their Festival pass (if applicable), and proof of vaccination (physical vaccination card, a photograph of their physical vaccination card or digital vaccination records such as the State of California Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record service, or CLEAR Health Pass). In the event that the wristband is damaged or removed, another wristband must be obtained by providing your proof of vaccination at a Covid Compliance Station. Attendees should not share or attempt to reuse any wristband that has not been issued to them directly by authorized Festival personnel.
COVID Compliance Stations will be located at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, the TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX, the TCL Chinese 6 Theatres Multiplex and the Hollywood Legion at Post 43 prior to entry of any Festival event.
COVID COMPLIANCE STATION HOURS
The Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel
TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX, TCL Chinese 6 Multiplex, Hollywood Legion Theater at Post 43
COVID Compliance Stations will open at all venues one hour ahead of the first screening of each day and close 30 minutes after the beginning of each location’s final screening daily throughout the Festival.
We ask for early arrival to allow proper time for all patrons to check-in and enter before showtime. Please plan accordingly as event start times will not be delayed to accommodate latecomers.