Linwood Dunn Theater1313 VINE ST.
LOS ANGELES, CA 90028
Capacity: 286 Seats
Originally built in 1948 by the Don Lee Mutual Broadcasting Company, the Academy’s Pickford Center for Motion Picture Study was dedicated in 2003. The building houses the Academy Film Archive as well as the Linwood Dunn Theater, named in honor of visual effects pioneer Linwood Dunn. This state of the art theater is also the home of an American Fotoplayer, a rare instrument designed during the era of silent film to provide musical accompaniment and sound effects at movie theatres that could not afford an orchestra. This Fotoplayer is one of only 12 in existence today and one of the few available for public programs.